The goal is to support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in hiring first year apprentices in construction and manufacturing Red Seal trades.
Diversity and inclusion workshops are available to SMEs to enhance inclusive workspaces.
Get Started Today
- Small and medium sized enterprise (SME) will receive $5,000 once terms of agreement are met
- SMEs can receive additional $5,000 if new hire is from an equity deserving group
- Support and guidance provided by the Lethbridge FIRST recruiter, as required
- People eligible to be a registered apprentice in 1 of 39 construction and manufacturing Red Seal trades
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be a new hire, or a labourer being rehired as a registered apprentice
- Can have experience in another trade however entering a new trade as a first
Equity Deserving Groups
- Indigenous People
- Persons with Disabilities
- Visible Minorities